Saturday, May 16, 2009

Quinny Zapp Review

Zapp the Red White and Blue

It's Election Day! And of course, that requires a stroller that is patriotic. Not a problem! Take the new, cobalt blue Quinny Zapp. Add in an American flag, a red parasol, red Skip Hop, white and red Skip Hop wipes case (Swipe), white onesie on baby, and you're good to vote!
It was a terrific choice.  The husband called in advance to find out where our polling place was. Turns out, it was just down the block, and around the corner. So we didn't need to walk far. A big A/T wasn't necessary. But perhaps a one-handed push would be important. There is no umbrella stroller that is easier to push one-handed than the Zapp, period. And it's small footprint and great style makes it a really fun stroller to use.It has no recline, so it is best suited to a child six months and older. And it will suit a much older child. Look at all the growing room that SP 2.0 has! The seat back is one of the tallest I have measured. But it folds really tiny. In fact, the Zapp bills itself as "The world's smallest folding stroller." This,  and the raincover and travel bag that comes with it, makes it ideal for travel. Many have reported stashing it in the airplane's overhead bin. They say the travel bag looks like any other carry-on.All the children were excited to go to the polling place. I say all, because in addition to my three, I generally have four or five others hanging about. But of course, this election generated a huge amount of interest. The whole brood  even voted in their schools. After they decorated their bikes and scooters, they started discussing who the winner would be. And who they voted for. Discussing, then arguing. I guess politics isn't even a safe topic among the 10 and under set! They got another interesting lesson when we got to the voting booths.  Despite the fact that they told the husband my name was on the list, it wasn't. Which meant I couldn't vote. The lady in charge said she would  let me vote provisionally, if I could show her a valid ID. I couldn't. Yes, believe it or not, I don't always leave the house with the thought in mind that I will have to prove I am who I am. This has gotten me in trouble more than once, as you will see in the upcoming chapter in "Adventures in Strollerland!" Anyway, it was good to have the Zapp to zip home to get the proof  I exist.
Quinny Zapp Stats:

Weight: 17.5  pounds
Folded: 15" x 27" x 13"
Width: 24"
Length: 22"
Handle height: 39.5"
Seat Width: 14.5" Seat Depth: 8" Seat to Canopy: 24"
Seat back: 22"
Drop to Footrest: 8"
 

1 comment:

  1. Great review. Very helpful as I am in the market for a new, convenient stroller for my 3 1/2 year old who is about 30 lbs.

    While some may say he's old for a stroller, it's supper convenient to have when he is sleeping and I need to be on the move.

    I searched everywhere for the seat dimensions for this stroller. Since no one near me carries the Quinny Zapp I couldn't just bring him to the store for a fitting (lol).

    So thank you for posting the detailed mesaurements. Gabriel fits and I'm off purchase it.

    ~MJ
    MerCurios.net

    ReplyDelete