Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Car Seat Safety 101, Part 6.

Do you need any help installing your car seat? How about adjusting the harness? Do you know when to switch from rear to forward facing, or harnessed to booster? How do you choose the best car seat for your child, and your vehicle?

Since StrollerPrince 2.0 has outgrown his car seat, we  had a lot of questions.  So we turned to SafeKids.org superstar Wes Bender for answers. In this 6-part series, we'll guide you through the maze of confusing information, so your child will be safe in their seat. In part 6, you'll learn the most common mistakes parents make when installing car seats, and how to avoid them.


Did you know that May 18th is "Safe Kids Day"? And SafeKids.Org needs your help! Here is a  message from Mr. Wes Bender, the car seat installer par excellence that just walked you through all of the steps. in "Car Safety 101".
"Pretty much everyone receiving this email knows that I work for Safe Kids Worldwide, an organization that has been working for the past 25 years to prevent serious injuries and death to children 0-19 years of age, and that we do a lot of education and awareness training, and events in communities all around the country.  What many of you may not know about is what Safe Kids does behind the scenes through advocacy, research and data collection that has an impact on nearly every child in America.  So if there are children somewhere in your life, they are, or were, most likely affected in a positive way by the work we do.

I’m fortunate to have a job where I know I’m making a difference in the lives of children and families every day.  Here is a chance for YOU to make a difference as well.  This year on May 18, Safe Kids is celebrating their first ever Safe Kids Day, a national effort to raise awareness and funds to protect kids from needless and preventable injuries.

In support of our Safe Kids Day, I’ve created my own fundraising team.  While my team is exceptionally small at this point, we’ve set a very lofty goal.  In my work over the years, I’ve been fortunate to work alongside, and get to know, some incredible individuals and I’m confident that my network of friends, colleagues and acquaintances will help us reach our team goal.

With a few days remaining until Safe Kids Day, I realized our team had some work to do if we were going to reach our goal.  I’m digging deep into my personal bag of goodies and offering up some cool incentives that people can win by supporting my team.  You can get a free day of me working for you, (yes, even if you’re in another part of the country – I’ll come to you at my expense).  You can even join my team and win round trip airfare and hotel stay for up to 3 nights – all on me.  Check out the details on our team page and my personal page at the below link.  These winners will not be determined randomly – you can actually earn one of the prizes, and they’re not that difficult to claim.  Especially if you coordinate with your friends.


Check it out, give it some thought.  Whether you can donate or not, I’d love to hear from each of you.  I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable summer.

Best Regards,
Wes"

1 comment: