Monday, December 21, 2009

BebeCar ip-op review

Christmas Tree "ip-op" It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go....and if I want it to look like Christmas in my home, then I better go down to the lot and grab a tree! Problem is, it has been raining, and raining, and raining. Which means the mud and wood chips are going to be like quick sand at the Christmas tree lot. So what stroller can handle that, yet still look beautiful and festive and Christmas-y? And of course, it has to sit up high, have a great canopy, and boot to shelter from the wind and cold. And the clear-cut choice---the BebeCar ip-op! BebeCar is one of the highest quality strollers made today. It's not sold in the US, which is a shame. But you can easily get one by calling the congenial and engaging Jacques, in Canada. http://www.buystrolleronline.com/detail.asp?s=10&id=67BebeCar is one of the last strollers made in Europe. Portugal, to be exact. And look at the stunning attention to detail. Check out the BebeCar plaques, in silver. Or the little "B", hidden in the circles. This design is absolutely stunning. It reminds me of Christmas ornaments. Of course, there are many, many other color choices available, including a white leather seat that was a very close contender. I love this black frame. But there are several different chassis' available, in different colors, and with different wheel sizes. All have height adjustable handles, with wide variances. And they sit up high, which makes the large basket easily accessible. They all fully recline, which means they are suitable from birth. Of course, there is an extendable leg rest, and a front napper bar. They have these wonderful, full canopies. You can open up the back flap on warmer days, and there is a net to keep your baby enclosed. There are little net pockets inside, which are perfect for sippy cups or bottles. I used an R-Versus when SP 2.0 was a newborn, and those pockets were so convenient. I kept it in the car, because it is one of the few reversible strollers out there that can fold easily, with the seat facing you. The ip-op does this, too. Folds all in one piece. And the seat and wheels easily pop off it you would like it more compact.Performance-wise, the ip-op sailed over the the muddy wood chips at the Christmas tree lot. Didn't even pause. So amazing! And SP 2.0 was well-protected, comfortable in his throne, high above the muck. I would say the trip was a success. Here's hoping that YOU find a BebeCar ip-op under YOUR Christmas tree (or menorah, or ???!!!) http://www.bebecar.com/#
Weight: 30 pds.
Width: 22.5"

Length: 29.5"
Height: 27"-42"
Seat Width: 12"
Legrest: 9"
Seat Back: 18"
Seat to Canopy: 22"
Seat Depth: 9"-18"
Drop to Footrest: 9"
Seat to Floor: 21"
Folded: 33" x 18" x 18" I can help you find the perfect stroller for YOUR needs. Don't let a salesperson sell you a stroller that won't work for you! For more info on consultations, visit strollerqueen.com There are lots more reviews here, and info on how to get the 2010 BIG Stroller Roll-Out, an online video magazine of all the new stroller models. strollerqueen.com

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you did this review. I have an Ip-Op myself and just today I had to call to get some help instructing me how to fold it properly. Let me just say Jacques is FABULOUS! He is so helpful I must have called a million times before and after the purchase and he helped with all my questions. I get so many compliments when I'm out and about with my lo. I also have the bassinet although it was somewhat of a waste I loved the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick question - mother to be here and overwhelmed with the numerous stroller options out there. Saw the Bebecar line and am quite interested but would love to see one in person. Any information? I live in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could call the distributor and ask. www.buystrolleronline.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually own a Bebecar Tracker city from 2004 and used it probably over the course of a year back when I got it. I just got it out of the closet the other day and noticed that the frame, and entire stroller feels "loose" and I noticed there was no way to tight it up, as Bebecar uses rivets instead of screws or bolts. I was hoping to use it for my nephew who was coming to visit but unfortunately I am unsure, as it seems flimsy. Sort of disappointed since I have not used it much and it has been in storage in a climate controlled closet for years. Does anyone knows how to tighten it up, or perhaps if there is a way to get it repaired? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete